Evan Chall represents a diverse base of corporate and individual clients, with a focus on business litigation and employment law. Evan has been active in all phases of litigation: he has tried cases, taken and defended depositions, coordinated the discovery process, negotiated settlements, and argued motions in both state and federal courts.
Recent accomplishments include:
- Obtained judgment at trial against a business for non-payment of account;
- Negotiated a contract extension and settlement of claims between two medical industry companies;
- Settled back wages claims on behalf of former employees for 100% of the amount owed by the Chapter 11 bankruptcy debtor;
- Coordinated/managed the sale of company stock;
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a medical industry employee in a wrongful termination case.
Evan graduated from Wayne State University Law School in 2008 and from Eastern Michigan University in 2005. Evan competed as an “attorney” on the 2005 Eastern Michigan University mock trial national team, where he began to develop his skills as an advocate.
Evan also serves as an adjunct professor at Henry Ford Community College, where he teaches a course in American government and political science. Evan draws from his experience as an educator to explain complex legal issues in a straight-forward, understandable manner.
In his spare time, Evan enjoys spending time with his wife and family, golfing, and pursuing physical fitness.
"Effective communication - with courts, opposing counsel and , most importantly, clients - is the key to efficiently resolving legal disputes."
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 2008
- Eastern Michigan University, Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude, 2005
Admitted to Practice
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth District
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Plymouth Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, Member, 2014-2016
- Great Lakes Mock Trial Invitational, Volunteer Judge
- Wayne State University Law School First Year Legal Research and Writing oral arguments, Volunteer Judge
Awards & Other Notables
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2011-2012, 2014-2016: Business Litigation
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2019: Business Litigation
- 2001 Eastern Michigan University Presidential Scholarship recipient